Personalized Nutrition 2019
Regenerate Health in our Toxic Environment
November 13-15, 2019, San Diego, CA
- View Details & Register to attend
- View the exhibitor prospectus
- Register to Exhibit
- Submit an oral or poster abstract research brief
- Apply for a student scholarship
We live in a toxic environment. Our exposures profoundly impact our biology, our genetic expression, and ultimately our health. We in turn impact our environment in profound ways, and in particular through our nutritional choices.
Personalized nutrition holds the potential to help regenerate both human and environmental health.
Personalized Nutrition 2019℠, our landmark 60th annual conference, will showcase the latest science and solutions from the world’s leading nutrition researchers and clinicians and environmental experts.
This conference is designed for nutrition researchers, academics, students, nutrition professionals and healthcare professionals who use nutrition as a practice tool.
We will equip you to:
- Recognize the impacts of environmental toxins on human biology and genetic expression
- Understand the interaction between nutrients and environmental toxins Identify environmental exposures through clinical assessment and biochemical data analysis
- Design personalized nutrition solutions to prevent exposures and mitigate the effects of toxins on human health
- Integrate clinical nutrition approaches that regenerate both human and environmental health
Join the personalized nutrition community at the fully renovated Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa in San Diego, CA November 13-15, as we explore how to Regenerate Health in our Toxic Environment .
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
SESSION I: Environmental Exposure: Impact & Assessment 8
Presented in conjunction with the Westreich Foundation
- Impacts of Toxins on Human Health & Disease | Joseph Pizzorno Jr., ND
- Glyphosate Exposure & Nutrition Related Chronic Diseases | Paul Mills, PhD
- Modulating Detoxification with Food & Food Compounds | Deanna Minich PhD, FACN, CNS, IFMCP
SESSION II: From Chronic Exposure to Chronic Disease
- Toxins & Cognition: Prevention & Amelioration of Alzheimer's Disease | Dale Bredesen, MD
- Exposure to Environmental Toxins & Autoimmune Conditions | Datis Kharrazian, PhD, DHSc, DC, MS, MMSc, FACN TBD|
- Endocrine Disruption & Women's Health | Tieraona Low Dog, MD
- Fireside Chat with Session I & II Speakers
60th Anniversary Welcome Party! 7:30-10 p.m.
Join us in celebrating this historic milestone! Light appetizers and refreshments included. Admission is free of charge.
Thursday, November 14, 2019
SESSION III: From Chronic Disease to Regeneration
- Preserving Environmental & Human Health | Daphne Miller, MD
- Food Systems, Sustainable Diets & Human Health | Selena Ahmed, PhD
- Building Sustainable Nutrition Programs in Urban Settings | Akua Woolbright, PhD
SESSION IV: Nutritional Genomics & Resilience
- Genomics of Detoxification | Sharon Hausman-Cohen, MD, ABIHM
- Impact of Toxins on Gene Expression| Ahmed El-Sohemy, PhD
- Fireside Chat with Session III & IV Speakers
Movie Night: Human Longevity Project Screening - Episode 4: How to be Healthy in a Toxic Environment with Jason Prall 7:30-9 p.m.
This will be shown by the Hilton San Diego Resort pool. Admission is free of charge.
Friday, November 15, 2019
SESSION V: Towards Resilience & Regeneration
Presented in conjunction with the Natural Health Research Institute
- Important Connection Between Soil & the Microbiome | Rob Knight, PhD
- Toxins & the Microbiome in Obesity & Metabolism | Robert Alan Bonakdar, MD, FAAFP
- Clinical Capstone | Jeff Bland, PhD, FACN, FACB, CNS
- Fireside Chat with Session V Speakers
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa Newly Renovated!
1775 East Mission Bay Drive
San Diego, CA 92109
Phone: (619) 276-4010
Book your room reservation online!
Rates and Reservations:
We are fortunate to have obtained special low rates at the hotel starting at $199 per night for single/double occupancy (plus tax and parking). All rooms also come with:
- Discounted overnight self-parking at the daily rate of $20
- Complimentary use of 24-hour fitness center
- Complimentary guestroom internet Pool & tennis court access
- 10% Discount on spa Brezza services
Make your reservations early! A block of rooms is being held for us until October 22, 2019. The special room rate will be available until October 22 or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Reservations will then be accepted on a space and rate availability basis only. Our room block filled early last year so we encourage you to make your hotel reservation as soon as your travel plans are confirmed! Be sure to mention the American College of Nutrition reduced rate when making your reservations.
For questions on the conference, including media requests, please email Conf@AmericanCollegeofNutrition.org
Fatal error : Out of memory (allocated 102498304) (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/anaadmin/public_html/includes/database/database.inc on line 2171