European Chapter of the ACN
Purpose of the European Chapter
Enhance the understanding of the relationship between metabolism, diet and the initiation prevention and treatment of diseases.
Promote educational programs in nutrition and metabolism.
Contribute to the training of scientists, physicians and dietitians expert in nutrition and metabolism with a cultural background deriving from their formation in more than one European University.
Allocate human resources in nutritional and metabolic research, allowing the exchange of scientists among University, public or private research structures and pharmaceutical or food industries.
Promote the exchange, for short or prolonged period of time, of personnel, mainly teachers but also students, nurses and dietitians among European Universities.
- Reinforce the scientific collaboration among research centers involved in different areas of metabolic research, such as genetics, biochemistry, physiology, clinics, mathematics, etc. In such a way, a scientific investigation can be analysed from different perspectives to improve focus on the core of the problem.
Executive Director/General Secretary: Amalia Gastaldelli, PhD, Institute of Clinical Physiology, CNR, Pisa (Italy)
President: Giuliano Ramadori, MD (Germany)
Scientific Secretary and Treasurer : Melania Manco, MD, Ospedale Bambin Gesù, Roma (Italy)
ECACN Board of Directors:
- A. Battezati (Italy)
- E. Leccesi (Italy)
- M. Fernandez-Real, Girona (Spain)
- Andrea Mari (Italy)
- John Nolan, Steno Institute, Copenhagen, (Denmark)
- A. Zorzano (Spain)
- L. Sidossis (Greece)
Immediate Past Executive Director/General Secretary: Geltrude Mingrone, MD Catholic University, Rome, Italy
- Tamas Szamosi, MD, PhD University Medical School, Budapest, Hungary
- Antonis Raftis, PhD, CNS (Cyprus)